Changing the father’s name in India is a complex process that can be overwhelming due to the multiple steps involved. However, there’s no need to worry as YouDoorStep offers a reliable solution for all your name change needs, including name correction. Our Affidavit for Name Change service caters to various name-related issues.
Students requiring correction of their names in their certificates issued by the Directorate shall submit the original certificate along with an attested copy of the SSLC mark list and application duly recommended by the Principal of the school in which the students had appeared for the Examination. No fee is required. A forwarding letter from the Principal stating the details of the candidate shall accompany the application. If there is correction in Date of Birth, Principal should certify that the correction was made in the School admission register. A copy of the order issued by the Commissioner of Public Examinations should also be submitted along with the application.
In India, it has become increasingly common to change or correct the father’s name on documents such as the birth certificate or other official records. The government has facilitated the process of changing or correcting the father’s name both online and offline. For online father name changes, one needs to apply through the Central Government Gazette.
If you are seeking to change your name on 10th and 12th-grade marksheets, correct your father’s name on educational certificates, modify the father’s name on the birth certificate, or make changes to the father’s name in other educational documents, our name change consultants at Yourdoorstep can assist you. We provide comprehensive services for name changes and corrections in India, including online name correction services.
Reasons for Father’s Name Change
- Religion Change
- Dissatisfaction with name
- Marriage of Widow
- Numerology Reasons
- Astrology Reasons
- Wrong Name in official Record
- Marriage After Divorce
- Child Adoption
- Spelling Errors
- Gender Change
How To Change Name in 10th/SSLC and 12th Plus Two Marksheet Certificate in Kerala?
To change the name in your 10th/SSLC and 12th Plus Two marksheet certificates in Kerala, you will need to follow the procedure outlined below:
- Affidavit: Prepare an affidavit stating the reason for the name change. This affidavit should be made on a stamp paper and duly notarized.
- Newspaper Publication: Publish a notice regarding the name change in two local newspapers (one in the regional language and one in English). Keep a copy of the published notice as proof.
- Gazette Notification: Apply for a Gazette Notification regarding the name change. You can obtain the application form from the Government Press or download it from the official website. Fill out the form accurately and attach the required documents.
- Supporting Documents: Gather the necessary supporting documents to support your name change request. These may include:
- Original and photocopies of your birth certificate.
- Affidavit of name change.
- Proof of publication in newspapers.
- Identity proof (Aadhaar card, passport, etc.).
- Educational certificates (10th/SSLC and 12th Plus Two marksheet certificates).
- Any other relevant documents as required.
- Application Submission: Submit the completed Gazette Notification application form along with the supporting documents to the Government Press.
- Fee Payment: Pay the prescribed fee for the Gazette Notification application. The fee amount can be obtained from the Government Press or the official website.
- Verification and Publication: Once the application is received, the Government Press will verify the documents. If everything is in order, your name change will be published in the Gazette.
- Gazette Certificate: After the publication, you can collect the Gazette Notification certificate from the Government Press. This certificate serves as proof of your name change.