In this post we have shared the book and subject which are taught and used in 1st Year BHMS Course. Before that BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate medical degree in Homoeopathy. Its 5 and Half Year course which include 4.5 Year of Teaching and 1 Year of Internship.
BHMS 1st Year Course Structure and Syllabus
Below are the course structure and syllabus of BHMS 1st Year.
- Physiology & Biochemistry
- Materia Medica
- Organon of Medicine and Homeopathic Philosophy
Out of the above 5 subject only exam of Anatomy, Physiology Biochemistry and Pharmacy will be taken. There is no exam for Pharmacy Materia Medica and Organon of Medicine and Homeopathic Philosophy in 1st Year.
Exam Paper Pattern for BHMS 1st Year
1.Anatomy including Histology and Embryology:- There shall be two theory papers. One Practical and viva-voce examination.
2. Physiology including Biochemistry:- There shall be two theory papers, one practical and viva-voce examination.
3. Homoeopathic Pharmacy:- There shall be one theory, one practical & viva-voce examination.
Books for BHMS 1st Year
- B.D Chourasia Vol 1/2/3/4 and General Anatomy (Recommended)
- Reference Book: Vishram Singh Vol 1/2/3
- Inderbir Singh’s Human Embryology
- Fundamentals of Medical Physiology by L P Reddy Vol 1/2
- Essentials of Biochemistry by Pankja Naik
- Mandal and Mandal