Students can change their Branch in IIT after the Completion of 1st Year. According to Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) Director, V Ram Gopal Rao, Every year 100 students are allowed to change their Branch. Only those students who have good academic performance are allowed to change the Branch. Only those students who are good in Performance and have secured required CGPA in 1st Year exam will be only allowed to change their Branch. Get all the details about Changing Branch in IIT, Eligibility and required criteria of changing branch from this article.
Many Students take admission to IITs after clearing JEE Advance but they didn’t get their dream branch or say stream can change their stream or branch if he score required CGPA during exams in 1st Year.
Students will have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to change the Branch.
- Students from General and OBC category will have to score More than 8.00 CGPA
- Students from SC/ST and Person with Disability category will have to score More than 7.00CGPA
- Student must get Earned credits / non-graded units at the end of the second semester of first-year .
- Must score Grade equal to or above B in One first-year course identified by each programme
- No any disciplinary action against students have been taken by IITs.