Directorate of Higher Education, Odisha will open the SAMS Portal for E-Admission in +3 Degree Courses in Odisha State. Directorate of Higher Education, Odisha will release a notification after Class 12th result of Odisha Board regarding starting of Filling of Common Application form (CAF) for +3 Degree Admission 2019.
Odisha +3 Graduation Admission 2019: Directorate of Higher Education, Odisha (DHE) has developed an Online System for taking admission in Graduation / +3 Degree colleges in Odisha. DHE has started SAMS (Students Academic Management System) web portal from 2019 for taking in admission in all degree colleges in Odisha State. DHE Odisha +3 degree application form is expected to be released soon on the official website. Those willing to apply for +3 degree course admission must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for the same.
Directorate of Higher Education, Odisha (DHE) is an authorized body for taking admission in +3 degree college every year in the state of Odisha. Directorate of Higher Education, Odisha (DHE) will also take admission in Graduation / +3 Degree for the academic session 2019-22 through Online System SAMS. Student have to apply online on the official website of SAMS http://samsodisha.gov.in for Graduation / +3 Degree Admission.
Directorate of Higher Education, Odisha (DHE) +3 Degree Graduation Admission 2019
Directorate of Higher Education, Odisha (DHE) will accept Online application using SAMS from students for admission into Graduation / +3 Degree courses for the session 2019-22 for Honour’s Paper / General Paper in Science, Arts & Commerce streams available in the colleges / University. Directorate of Higher Education, Odisha (DHE) centralized admission process for BA / BSc / BCom (3 years) degree courses in the state University Colleges for the session 2019-21 through SAMS.
- e-Admission(ON-LINE ADMISSION INTO +3CLASSES) is compulsory in all +3(Degree)/Autonomous Colleges including Sanskrit (Shastri)Colleges in the State of Odisha for the Academic Session 2019-20.
- The normal admission shall be limited to 1st and 2nd round of a single phase and only through online/ Offline mode during the session 2018-19 and the balance seat will be filled up by spot selection at the College level through off-line mode of admission at the College level.
- The on-line Common Application Form is available on the website www.dheodisha.gov.in or www.samsodisha.gov.in and can be accessed at any place where Internet facility is available. Please read the Common Prospectus carefully before filling the online Common Application Form.
- The CHSE pass out students need not enter their marks. They have to enter their examination roll numbers only. Once the roll number is entered, their marks will be reflected on the screen. They have to verify the correctness and if they find any discrepancy in the automatically entered marks, they can manually make necessary correction, if required.
- Candidates who have passed from CHSE, Odisha and are not seeking any reservation, weightage etc., and opting for online payment (through Debit/Credit/Net Banking) of CAF Frees, their CAFs will be automatically validated and need not submit the College copy at the SRCs. Similarly, SC/ST students passed from CHSE, Odisha and obtained caste certificate through e-District portal and also opting for online payment (through Debit/Credit/Net Banking) of CAF Fees, their CAFs will be automatically validated and need not submit the College copy at the SRCs.
- An applicant can exercise a maximum of TWENTY options in a CAF and minimum of FIVE.
- If an applicant submits another CAF at SRC, then the second CAF should be accompanied with a hand written application for this purpose. Then only, the latest CAF will be the valid one. Only the computer (Net) generated CAF with Barcode shall be accepted. In no case, a DTP or Typed CAF shall be accepted.
- Those who are not making ONLINE payment, they will have to go to the SRC along with computer generated College copy & applicant copy & relevant documents and deposit the form & Fees at SRC and get the MRIN.
- Option wise fees will not be collected. General candidates will pay Rs.300/- per application and SC/ ST candidates will pay Rs.200/- per application. The fees amount will be printed at the top of the College Copy as well as on the Applicants copy of the CAF. No refund can be claimed at later date. The PWD and Third Gender (Transgender) candidates are exempted from paying the CAF Fees.
- For any problem relating to ONLINE payment, please send queries to [email protected]
- The candidate has to deposit the College copy of CAF with required documents at SRC in the following cases:
- When a candidate applies and pays ONLINE but the candidate comes from the Boards other than CHSE, Odisha such as CBSE, ICSE and any other Boards recognized by CHSE, Odisha
- When a candidate applies and pays ONLINE but the candidate caste certificate (ST/ST) is not validated through e-District portal or any other reservations/weightage is claimed by the candidates . All manual credentials/Certificates have to be validated in a SRC. The candidate has to deposit the printed CAF (after Completion of Online Application) along with the ONLINE Payment receipt and other certificates at the SRC.
- Student is auto validated but has to pay the CAF Fees OFFLINE at SRC.
- If the selected applicant does not take admission, her/ his name shall be removed from the system for slide-up process during this session. Therefore, it is mandatory for the selected applicants to take admission in order to remain in the system. There is a provision of AUTOMATIC Admission of slide-up candidates in the slide-up Colleges. No “Annexure-7” option is available to avoid Slide-up. The Candidates have to complete the admission formalities at that Slide-up Colleges only.
- Intimation letter to the selected applicants will be transmitted through five modes (i) SMS (if mobile number is provided in CAF) (ii) Email (if e-mail ID is provided in CAF) (iii) Website (www.dheodisha.gov.in) / www.samsodisha.gov.in(iv) College Notice Board (Applied College & Selected College) (v) Toll Free Number (155335OR 1800-345-6770). Intimation letter will not be sent through post.
- Students are eligible for Scholarships as mentioned below:
- e-Medhabruti: The Government of Odisha in Higher Education Department is awarding Rs.5,000 scholarship per year as Degree Merit (+3)for encouragement to the meritorious students (No reservation) for prosecuting their higher studies. The scholarship shall be awarded to 1500 boys &1500 girls.
- Eligibility criteria are as mentioned below:
- The combined income of parents shall not be beyond Rs.6.00 lakh per annum.
- Student has scored minimum 60% mark in the +2 final exam.
- Post-Matric scholarship: The Government of Odisha inST & SC Development Department is awarding all ST & SC students coming within the annual family income upto Rs.2.5lakh, Post-Matric Scholarship for prosecuting higher studies. The scholarship includes course fees as per the prescribed limit, other compulsory non-refundable fees and maintenance allowance as per the prescribed rates.
- Eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- EBC/ OBC students whose parental income is up to 1 lakh are eligible for a fixed number of seats to be decided by the Govt. Such EBC/ EBC students should have minimum mark of 50% in +2 exam. Students allotted hostel will be eligible for maintenance allowance.
- Income Certificate is not compulsory for e-admission process for all +3(Degree) colleges. The income certificate is only for availing the benefits of e-Medhabruti scholarship after admission process is completed. In case, the students are unable to submit the income certificate with the CAF, the same can be submitted at the admitted college” within 15 days from the date of admission.
- N.B.: For both A & B above, the students shall submit the income and resident certificate from the Revenue Officer not below the rank of the Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar to claim scholarship.
What is SAMS?
SAMS stands for Students Academic Management System. In this system, students are taking admission online into +3 classes of Arts, Commerce and Science streams along with Sanskrit Colleges. This admission process, which is carried out through internet and computers is called as e-Admission. Besides e-Admission, SAMS also maintains the academic and financial records of each student admitted into different colleges.
This initiative was started during the academic session 2009-10 in 60 Junior Colleges, expanded to 169 Junior Colleges (+2) and 53 Degree Colleges (+3) during the session 2010-11 and to all Junior Colleges (including +2 Self-Financed Colleges) and 162 Degree Colleges (+3) during the session 2011-12. From the session 2012-13 all Junior & Degree/Autonomous Colleges (including Self-Financed Colleges) of the state have come to the SAMS fold and finally all Vocational& Sanskrit college brought to the SAMS fold from the session 2016-17. From the Session 2017-18all ITI are included and from 2018-19 all Govt./Private ITI, Sports and Diploma institutions are included under SAMS e-Admission and it has been approved by the Government of Odisha.
After the separation of +2 and +3 Colleges, Schools & Mass Education Department has taken over the e- Admission process of +2(Higher Secondary) classes from 2018-19, while Higher Education Department will look after the admission into Degree/Autonomous including Sanskrit (Shastri) Colleges.
Procedure of Admission under SAMS +3 Degree:-
- Admission will be completed in two rounds i.e., First Selection & Second Selection (1st slide-up) for the applicants applied online. After that, admission will be done for the balance seats through offline CAF (Common Application Forms). The cut off mark for offline admission will be three (3) marks below the cut-off mark of second round for that category (Gen/ ST/SC). In case SC/ST students are not available, such seats can be allotted to general students as per General Cut-off mark (i.e. 2nd Selection General Cut-off minus 3marks)
- Each student will have to give minimum of 5 choices during CAF entry. This is to ensure that the student is not left without any selection.
- Facility for a student selected in lower preference of choice, to opt out from sliding up process through Annexure-7 is removed from the session 2018-19.
- Online payment of CAF fees will be introduced from the session 2018-19. Offline payment option at SRC as per previous practice will continue in case student prefers it.
- General category students who do not claim any reservation / weightage (NCC, NSS etc.) can be validated online without SRC (SAMS Recourse Centre) authentication if they also pay fees online. They need not submit a physical copy of CAF in any SRC. Similar is the case for SC/ ST candidates whose certificate is issued through e-District software. Such online validated CAF will not be tagged to any SRC. Any updation relating to error reporting for those CAFs will be done by Higher Education Department through PTC.
- The applicant who’s CAF does not require any validation by SRC but have to deposit CAF fees offline; they will deposit the fees at SRC with a copy of the CAF.
- Those applicants who make the payment online but claim some weightage (NCC, NSS etc), their CAF will be validated by the SRCs.
- An applicant has to provide unique mobile number during CAF entry to ensure fool-proof delivery of SMS related to admission, slide up etc. Uniqueness of the mobile number will be maintained in the SAMS database for that particular session.
- There will be no CAF fees for PwD and 3rd gender (Transgender) applicants.
- All queries related to SAMS admission will be addressed by the Sanjog helpline. The helpline will be functional daily from 6.00 AM to 10.00 PM including Saturdays/ Sundays/ Govt. holidays.
- After the completion of admission process, any transfer due to exigencies are allowed only if the student mark is above the second round cut off mark for his/ her category (Gen/ SC/ ST) in the destination college.
Important Dates for DHE Odisha SAMS +3 Degree Graduation Admission 2019
|1||Availability of Online Common Application Form (CAF) in the
H.E. Department website www.dheodisha.gov.in/
|2||Availability of Offline/Manual CAF at nearest SAMS Resource [SRC] Centre [List at www.dheodisha.gov.in]/
|3||Last date of applying online CAF through www.dheodisha.gov.in/ www.samsodisha.gov.in||26th June-2019
|4||Last date for submitting Offline/Manual CAF at any SRCs along with supporting documents & fees||27th June-2019
|5||Last date for submitting print copy of Online CAF at any SRCs along with supporting documents & fees||27th June-2019
|6||Last date for Online CAF validation & digitization of Offline CAF in e-Space by SRCs||29th June-2019
|7||Publication of 1st Round selection merit list||03rd July-2019
|8||Admission of the applicants selected in 1st Round & admission data updation by the colleges in their e-Space||04th July -07th July-2019
|9||Publication of the 2nd selection and slide-up cases||11-Jul-19|
|10||Admission of the applicants selected in 2nd Round & slide-up cases & data updation in e-Space||12 to 13 Jul 2019|
|11||Classes start for (+3) 1st year students||16-Jul-19|
|12||Submission of Off-line CAF for balance seats at College level (The Cut-off mark for off-line admission will be three (3) marks below the cut-off mark of second round for that categories (Gen/ST/SC). In case SC/ST students are not available, such seats can be allotted to general students as per general cut-off mark (i.e. 2nd selection General cut-off minus 3 marks)||16 to 18 Jul 2019|
|13||Publication of the off-line selected applicants merit list||19-Jul-19|
|14||Admission of the selected applicants & data updation||Completed by 21 Jul 2019|
These all dates are tentative and not delcared by DHE Odisha.
+3 Degree Admission Procedure
The CAF will be available in www.dheodisha.gov.in/ www.samsodisha.gov.infor applying online only. There will be one Common Application Form (CAF) for admission to any stream of any Degree / Autonomous/ Sanskrit Colleges in the State.There shall be one Common Prospectus (CP) for Degree / Autonomous including Sanskrit colleges. The CP is available online in PDF format. An applicant can download the same and go through it thoroughly before filling in CAF online.
2.Where to apply Online?
Students can apply online at Cybercafé, Common Service Center, Internet Facility Center operated in Degree SAMS Resource Centers etc.
In Common Services Centers (Jana Seva Kendras of OCAC) or Internet Facility Center situated in all SAMS Resource Centers an applicant has to pay Rs. 10/- for Internet Charges & Rs. 5/- per page of print out (of B/W A4 Size) for completing the online application & for taking print out.
3. How to apply Online?
- Go to website www.dheodisha.gov.in,/www.samsodisha.gov.in
- Click on apply online (CAF), then fill-up the CAF online on the computer screen.
- Upload your recent passport size color photograph in the space provided for the same. Uploading of photograph is mandatory.
4. How to modify information in a CAF?
After save and submission of the application on-line, an applicant can modify any provided information by clicking “Back to Modify” button. But applicants after getting confirmation accompanied with ‘Reference Number’ through online, CAF cannot be edited/modified. If they intend to do so, then they are suggested to apply another fresh application following the same procedure (If not paid ONLINE).Moreover, the CAF College Copy & Applicant Copy can be reprinted using the ‘Reference Number’ & ‘Roll Number’.
The minimum eligibility for admission to +3 or Degree classes shall be a pass in Higher Secondary (+2) Examination of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha or its equivalent. The list of Equivalent Boards is given at Annexure-2 of the CP.
Admission into various Streams,Colleges& Honours shall be done strictly on the +2 marks.Marks secured at the Higher Secondary (+2) Examination out of the Total Marks, Weightage & Reservation (if applicable) will be taken into consideration in preparing the merit list. For Reservation & Weightage please refer items 5&6 of the CP.
Certificates & Documents
An applicant has to submit the self-attested photo copies of the following documents / certificates with the College Copy of the Common Application Form (CAF). Respective Original ones have to be presented before the Admission Committee at the time of Admission for verification. The authority may retain some of the Certificates in Original during admission as described earlier.
a) Higher Secondary (+2) Mark Sheets-cum-Provisional Certificate (or equivalent Board). If an applicant has not received the mark sheet from the board in-time, then the downloaded mark sheet from Internet, duly endorsed by the leaving School/College Principal will be admissible.
b) College/School Leaving& Conduct certificates from the educational institution last attended.
c) Schedule Tribe / Schedule Caste certificates from revenue officer not below rank of Tahsildar / Additional Tahsildar. For SC/ST applicant, her/his father’s caste certificate may be taken into consideration. Land passbook authenticated by the Tahsildar / Additional Tahsildar may also be taken as a proof of caste in absence of caste certificate. (Caste certificate by Revenue Officer below the rank of Tahsildar / Additional Tahsildar shall not be considered)
d) PWD certificate from CDMO/SDMO/CMO of Capital Hospital (in case of Bhubaneswar).
e) Ex-Service Man certificate from Zilla Sainik Board
f) Service Defense Personnel-SDP (Army/Navy/Air Force) Certificate from the Commanding Officer of the unit
g) Children of Martyrs (CoM) certificate from the District Collector
h) NCC certificate from the competent authority.
i) NSS certificate from the State Programme Coordinator.
j) Migration certificate for the applicants passing from other Boards other than CHSE, Odisha
k) Sports certificate from the appropriate authority & counter signed by Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Sports & Youth Services, Government of Odisha OR Director of Sports & Youth Services, Government of Odisha OR Director, Secondary Education, Odisha as per G.O. 12471/HE, dtd: 06/06/2014